Tuesday, December 29, 2009
This is sort of the highlight of my sad sad day, so I had to post this. I've been working on a 2D game, but at the same time, abstracting as much of the API specific code I could. For simplicity, I started out with SDL. Now I have OpenGL working, minus alpha blending. The best part is that the rendering engine can be switched by changing only one line of code(a few letters at that). I'm still fairly new to OpenGL, but I'm already glad I went that route, as the drawing is MUCH faster than SDL. 300FPS faster in the comparison above. Note that the tilesheet is being drawn 1 32x32 tile at a time.