Thursday, May 13, 2010

XBOX 360 Controller hack

Update: http://skitchin.blogspot.com/2010/05/xbox-360-controller-hack-cont.html

I've been burning through AA batteries playing Forza 3 so I used what I had and threw together this controller hack.

I haven't prettied it up yet but it works great. Circuitry is overly simple. A 3.3V voltage regulator is connected to a USB cable's 5v supply and ground, VOut and GND are wrapped around the battery coils. Everything is then secured with heat shrinking and electrical tape.

Photos

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm... isn't this basically the hard way of turning a wireless controller into a wired controller?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes and no. It's only powered from USB, but still communicates via wireless. I might decide to build something more permanent(such as this) once I find employment.

    ReplyDelete